Bloglovin'

Follow

Sequin Thrift Mermaid

 
Hello!

                                                                                                                                  
I was actually thinking about posting a hair tutorial today, but I felt my outfit was too mermaidly to ignore.  Me, in my attempt to look more beachy and siren-like, went barefoot. I regretted it as soon as I stepped into the yard, which was basically just mud. I don't know what the heck I was thinking, as it has been rainy the past couple of days. Obviously, the normally dry ground was a gushy mess, but I was already outside sans shoes, so I just went with it. Needless to say, I didn't stay out very long. Having cold mud squashed onto my feet isn't exactly my favorite feeling. Oh, and apparently I must have stepped on some ants, as they decided to bite in between my toes.  

Anyway, the outfit I'm wearing is relatively simple, but I don't know how many times I'll be able to wear these pants, as they have zero breathability, and I do live in Texas. But they are so pretty and sparkly. I feel like some kind of majestic sequin sea princess! Or maybe one of those mermaids from Peter Pan. I was seriously obsessed with them when I was little. My sister and I would always pause the vhs, and try to draw them in our notebooks! My favorite was the red haired one under the waterfall (Gee, I wonder why?). I feel like these pants are the wearable equivalent (wearable being a relative term) of a fin. I believe they were from Forever21. As for the shirt, it is, of course, from the thrift store. I also tried to put some little braids in my hair, but I'm not sure how visible they are. I really do try to do my hair before taking these pictures, but it's always windy, so I end up just looking kind of ratchet. I guess it fits my personality!
                         
Shirt - Goodwill  Pants - Forever21




You can kinda see the braids here. It looked cute inside, I promise.
 




I leaned in mud

 



 
 
Thank you so much for reading! I guess I'll have to do the hair tutorial another day.

P.S.
I thought I should put this, as I'm not sure how many people read the little side bar. I have an Instagram as well as a Pinterest. Not sure if anyone cares, but I feel that at least the Pinterest is worth looking at. It is very aesthetically pleasing, if I do say so myself!
-Emmy

Comments

Popular Posts