Bloglovin'

Follow

Uncommon Objects Review and Trip to Downtown Austin, Texas

Hi!
My older sister and little brother on South Congress in Austin
These pictures are from the other day when I took the train into Austin. I had never been there, and was pretty excited to see the downtown area, especially Uncommon Objects! I had heard that it was kinda over-priced, but I still wanted to check it out for myself. As it turns out, it was ridiculously over-priced! It was also pretty cool, but not as awesome as I expected. I had read on reviews that it was a treasure trove of hidden gems, and that you majorly had to dig through stuff. All of the booths are organized by color, and in my opinion look more like shop windows then treasure troves. Very aesthetically pleasing, but what you saw was what you got. There wasn't things tucked inside boxes, or piles of stuff to sort through, unless you count duplicates of the same photos and baskets of plain keys. Now, there was some very nice pieces, but everything was exceedingly expensive. For example, the above mentioned keys were 10 dollars a piece! They were relatively modern, and all looked the same. Not ornate or skeleton, just plain old keys. Cool if you found it at the park, but totally not worth ten bucks, in my opinion. I felt the same about the other shops we walked by. Cool stuff, but on par with like, Urban Outfitters, including price! All in all, I was underwhelmed. Being originally from the middle of nowhere, I always thought that the city, especially Austin, would be super awesome! It's not like I wouldn't go back, but I'm definitely not running to catch the next train!

That was my little review, here are the photos.


Weird, random car parked underneath the bridge.

Uncommon Objects - sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the outside!
 
These are made of human hair! My sister said they are some kind of mourning hair wreath.

 
Le moi
The veil in the frame is the one worn in the photo.

    
  
Rat skeleton.


Oh yeah, there was one pretty cool thing. It was some kind of retro motel/bodega on South Congress.
Totally gave me Lana Del Rey vibes! I'm not sure what it was called, and I couldn't really take any pictures, cause' there was a fence. I'll have to look it up!

-Emmy  

Comments

Popular Posts