Bloglovin'

Follow

Galaxy Chic Palette First Impression and Swatches

Hi

This post is a little different. I recently bought a beautiful eyeshadow palette, and it was seriously too pretty to not acknowledge! So I thought, mayhaps I could do a first impression! I personally had never seen this palette before, though upon further investigation it appears to have existed since at least 2013 (but considering that my first time in an Ulta was only a couple of months ago, that's really not that surprising). I actually found it right before I was going to leave, on one of the end caps. There was a small section of BH cosmetics, and this immediately grabbed my attention! It was $16.50, which is personally more then I usually spend on makeup (I'm kinda cheap), but I was also aware that that was actually not a bad price for an 18 shade palette. In the end, I obviously bought it. The colors were just too pretty, and they were baked shadows, which is my personal favorite. I know some people love matte, but for me, if it doesn't have any shimmer/sparkle/shine, why am I wearing it? Same goes for color. Bright orange and blue isn't for everyone, but I love it! There was a very similar palette, also by BH cosmetics, that was called Supernova. It too had 18 baked shades, but they were more of the muted, neutral variety. Very pretty, but not quite my cup of tea. I mean, look at how beautiful the colors are!
 There are still a lot of "wearable" (wtf does that even mean?) shades, but there are also very majestic ones, like Venus and Electra!
    A close up view. As you can see, some of the colors are actually several shades swirled together!
And here are the swatches!
(Left to right) Sun, Jupiter, Prometheus, Aphrodite, Milky Way, Cosmic, Saturn, Venus, Meteor,
Comet, Earth, Neptune, Mercury
                                    (Left to right) Mars, Asteroid, Electra, Moon, Pluto
    BH Cosmetics is also a cruelty free brand, and some of their products are vegan (including this palette, and their other baked shadow palettes.) The pigmentation is very nice, though I noticed that some of the single color shades had a little fallout (vs. the ones with multiple colors/shades swirled together, which had basically zero fallout). Only a few had that problem, and it really wasn't that big of a deal. The packaging is paper, and it comes with a decent sized mirror, but not a brush. I personally would have liked if it included a brush, though most people who wear makeup probably already have a bunch!
You can see me in the mirror. o.O I guess I'm not a vampire.
 
All in all, I would definitely recommend it! The price is not bad ($16.50 at Ulta) and the payoff is good. There are 18 different colors, each with a cool name, and they are decent sized. The packaging is pretty, isn't flimsy, and includes a mirror, though once again, I would have liked a brush.
I'm going to give it a 4 out of 5 stars!
 
Thank you so much for reading! I would love to know what kind of makeup you like!?
 
        XOXO
 
-Emmy

Comments

Popular Posts